Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time, Term-time only (working for 40 weeks per year plus 6 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 5th September 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ratton School, Park Avenue, Eastbourne, BN21 2XR
Phone: 01323 504011
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
We have an opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Library Manager, to join our successful and friendly school community from September. The Library Manager will develop and promote the role of the library in the school with an emphasis on providing a secure, welcoming and inclusive environment.
In addition to this, they will:
• Supervise the day-to-day running of the library to provide a comprehensive service for students.
• Promote the effective and efficient use of the library and library resources.
• Support student’s learning by promoting the enjoyment of and excitement about reading.
• Supervise students in library activities and assist them in their research.
• Contribute to the selection, purchase and maintenance of stock and equipment for the library that meet the needs of staff and students within an allocated budget.
• Create displays of library resources and other ways to promote the library.
• Supervise students using the library environment and maintain standards of behaviour in the absence of teaching staff.
• Deliver literacy to small groups of pupils requiring support.
The successful candidate needs:
• Experience of utilising ICT and skills to access and retrieve information.
• The ability to take charge of a classroom and give clear instructions and guidance to students.
• To liaise with a range of staff, to better order and manage all library resources ensuring the resources benefit the staff and students.
• To ensure that the resources in the library support the curriculum needs of the School.
• To maintain all library records and any associated administrative tasks.
• To provide a full customer service to learners in the library ensuring they meet the needs of the learner and the information they require.
• Communicate with all internal stakeholders to ensure the successful operation of the library.
The job description and person specification in the pack describe what the post entails and the type of person we are looking for. The person specification contains the criteria that the selection panel will use in the selection process, and they will be particularly interested in the unique qualities that you possess.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Free Breakfast Club/After School Club place for staff children at Ocklynge School.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Byroo, Deputy Head, at email@example.com
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £22,689 to £23,346 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 5 September 2022
- Ratton School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education