Hours of work: 25 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 7 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for:12 months
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 05 July 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Seaford Primary School, Wilkinson Way, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 2JF
Phone: 01273 893 450
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
We wish to appoint two full-time TAs as soon as possible.
The posts are for 25 hours per week on a fixed term contract for one year.
The positions will be paid on single status grade 4, point 9, equivalent to £19,264 (pro rata salary of £11,145 per annum, £929 pcm).
The successful candidates will be employed for 25 hours per week, this should be organised as 3 hours each morning and 2 hours each afternoon. Ideally the contract will start in September.
We are looking for:
- Experience of supporting learning in a primary school environment;
- Good literacy and mathematical skills;
- High expectations of pupil behaviour, progress and attainment;
- Ability to cover classes is essential – deliver lessons planned by the class teacher in any year group;
- Experience of working on a 1 to 1 basis with individual children as well as with groups and the whole class;
- Ability to use language and other communication skills that pupils can understand and relate to;
- Ability to monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes;
- Ability to assist in the recording of lessons and assessment as required by the teacher;
- Ability to engage effectively with children with SEN and emotional needs;
- Ability to work well in a team and has excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience of using Information Technology to support pupils in the classroom;
- Sounds Write trained would be desirable
Information and application forms available from our school website;
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday, 5th July 2022
Interview date; Tuesday, 12th July 2022
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £19,264 to £19,650 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 5 July 2022
- Seaford Primary School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education