Individual Needs Assistant
Hours of work: 32.50 hour per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 7 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 4th July 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Cradle Hill C P School, Lexden Road, BN25 3BA
Phone: 01323 892773
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Individual Needs Assistant required
32.5 hours per week
Term Time Only
Grade 3 – Scale 7 £18,887.00 pro rata
Cradle Hill has an exciting opportunity to offer the right candidate a position to join our experienced educational support team. Cradle Hill Community Primary School is a three-form entry school with 615 pupils. We are a caring community school with a friendly atmosphere where each child feels happy and secure. We foster a school community who feel valued, respected and show care and support for each other.
You will be able to:
• Be good at motivating and encouraging pupils by giving different levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks tailored to pupils needs.
• Be a professional practitioner assisting in weaker areas such as speech and language, behaviour, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation.
• Be a good team player but are also able to work well on your own applying your own initiative.
• Be a good communicator with both children and adults.
• Be an ambassador for our school ethos and aims.
• Be competent in following policies such as behaviour and safeguarding
• Be willing to learn and take part in any training needed.
In return, we will be able to give you:
• A career opportunity in our school support team within a well-established setting.
• A fantastic well maintained and modern environment, which is well resourced.
• A school community with core values that reflect Kindness, Honesty, Respect, Curiosity, Resilience & Imagination.
• A safe and secure place to learn and work, empowering you to take initiatives within your role of INA
• Personal development and training as required for the right candidate.
It is a requirement of the post to hold an NVQ3 in a child-related subject or equivalent as well as NVQ level 2 in Maths and English.
We welcome applications from candidates who have experience working or volunteering in the education sector, however training and on-going professional development is available.
For further details and an application form contact the School Office on 01323 892773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively see our school website. The closing date is the 4th July 2022. Interviews: w/c 11th July 2022.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £18,887 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 4 July 2022
- Cradle Hill C P School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Part time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education