Individual Needs Assistant
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and Term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 04 July 2022, 12 pm, noon
Interview date: Thursday 07 July 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Christ Church CE Primary & Nursery Academy
Woodland Vale Road
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Individual Needs Assistant - Christ Church CE Primary & Nursery Academy
We are looking for an experienced Individual Needs Assistant who can ably support a pupil with complex medical needs. Specialist training will be provided.
Applicants must hold English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
To start in September 2022
30 hours per week: part time: term time only
Salary: £18,887 pro rata (Actual salary £13,113 per annum)
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be highly motivated, reliable and resilient, with exemplary attendance;
- Have experience of supporting pupils with a range of needs in accessing the curriculum;
- Have experience of working with pupils across the primary age range;
- Have a good understanding of how they can contribute to assessment and reviews;
- Have excellent communication skills with pupils, staff and families;
- Be enthusiastic, with a strong desire to support children in achieving their God given potential;
- Be nurturing, proactive and looking for opportunities to make a difference.
In return we can offer:
- An experienced, friendly and supportive staff;
- Genuine opportunities for professional development;
- An opportunity to work within an Academy Trust which supports the academic, spiritual and professional needs of the whole community.
Please contact Phyllis Smith, Head of Administration for further details and an application pack on 01424 422953 Option 2 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Monday, 04 July 2022
Interview date: Thursday, 07 July 2022
Christ Church INA - Job specification [pdf]
Christ Church INA - Job description [pdf]
Application form - Non teaching staff [docx]
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
- Closing date
- 4 July 2022
- Christ Church CE Primary & Nursery Academy
- Contract type
- Term Time - Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education