Salary: £20,043 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full time
Closing date: Sunday 3 July 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 4 July 2022
Payroll / HR Administrator Administrator (Experienced or Apprenticeship*)
Hybrid Working - Partly at home & partly in the office (Office relocation to Burgess Hill pending)
Full time or Job Share considered
Full time starting salary: £20,043 (Pay Award Pending)
*Job share is not available for the Apprentice Opportunity: starting salary £17,708 (Pay Award Pending)
Are you customer focused, numerate and proactive? Are you seeking a new position with an organisation that truly values its employees? If yes, please read on.
We have an exciting opportunity for you if you are either an experienced Payroll /HR Administrator or looking to retrain and develop a career within the Payroll & People (HR) teams.
Initially your role will be focused within the payroll team and when the workload dictates, you will then provide administration support within the People (HR) team.
This is a varied role and to be successful you will:
• Have a positive and proactive approach to all tasks
• Deliver exceptional customer service
• Be highly numerate
• Have the ability to prioritise
• Have the ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is a full time position however, as finding the very best talent is important to us, we wouldn't want to lose our ideal candidate due to working hours. We appreciate part-time working can be achieved in several flexible ways, such as a job share. We are happy to talk about your preferred working pattern and what might be suitable for the role.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Processing monthly payroll and pensions-related changes
• Assist the Payroll Officer with month-end and year-end procedures and reconciliations
• Perform quarterly payroll audits to verify and update employee data in the HR and Payroll system (iTrent)
• Run monthly reports to ensure data integrity of information entered into the Payroll system including gross to net reports, zero net pay reports, maternity / paternity calculations / sickness entitlement, monthly variances
• Providing a range of administrative support whilst ensuring compliance with legislation, policy and best practice
• Processing new employees from the point of offer to the completion of onboarding
• Processing contractual changes and leavers
• Providing first line advice and guidance to managers and employees
• Assisting the People Officers & Payroll Officer with various project work
In return you will receive:
• Generous annual leave allowance: 26 days + Bank Holidays
• Hybrid working
• Continuous support and development training
• Generous public sector pension schemes
• Flexible working rights from day 1
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Free car parking whilst working at the office
For further information please download the Job Description and Person Specification attached
More About Us……
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Application closing date: 3 July 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 4 July 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- Closing date
- 3 July 2022
- University of Brighton Academies Trust
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Human Resources