Hours of work: 37
Working pattern: Full-time (working for 38.5 weeks per year plus 5.77 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 27th June 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ratton School, Park Avenue, Eastbourne, BN21 2XR
Phone: 01323 504011
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
We are seeking an experienced Catering Manager who is proactive and resilient with a passion for developing and progressing our inhouse catering provision to be responsible for the cooking of all food, ensuring it meets quality standards and that all hygiene standards are met. This is a hands-on role, and you must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of practical cooking on a large scale with previous experience in a similar role. Good communication skills are a must, with excellent supervisory skills being the real key to managing, developing and motivating a large team.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
• relevant experience in a busy School/Academy/similar catering environment
• a clear understanding of requirements for Food Hygiene and Health & Safety in a school kitchen environment
• experience in meal planning
• the ability to motivate, support and inspire a team, be positive, enthusiastic and resilient
• highly developed inter–personal skills
• a clear understanding of the importance of safeguarding and equal opportunities
• NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation or 706/1 and or 706/2 City and Guilds
• Level 2 Food Safety certificate
• Allergen legislation awareness is essential, along with knowledge of the Government Food Standards for Education.
• knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety and Health & Safety in a kitchen is essential.
The job description and person specification in the pack describe what the post entails and the type of person we are looking for. The person specification contains the criteria that the selection panel will use in the selection process, and they will be particularly interested in the unique qualities that you possess.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Free Breakfast Club/After School Club place for staff children at Ocklynge School.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
Please use the application form available at www.ratton.co.uk/vacancies Once completed it should be emailed to Lorraine Barrow, Trust Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please remember your supporting statement should set out how your experience to date fulfils the criteria set out in the person specification for this post.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Comfort, Executive Business Manager, at email@example.com or 01323 514310.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £21,695 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 27 June 2022
- Ratton School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education