Executive Assistant to the CFO and COO
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
Contract type: Full-time
Working pattern: Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 10 July 2022
Interview date: TBC
How to apply: Full details of the post, together with how to apply are available on https://www.hppc.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us/support-staff-vacancies/
Who to contact if you have a query: Full details of the post, together with how to apply are available on https://www.hppc.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us/support-staff-vacancies/
Hurstpierpoint College is a successful independent school, and a significant medium-sized enterprise in mid- Sussex with around 450 employees and a turnover of some £30 million pa. It is both a stimulating and a pleasant place in which to work. The College is amongst the most successful independent schools in the South East. It is co-educational and comprises a Senior School, Preparatory School, and Pre-Prep with 1,300 pupils in all. Over half the pupils in the Senior School are boarders (full or part-time).
The College is a Co-Sponsor, together with the Diocese of Chichester, of the newly formed Hurst Education Trust, a local multi academy trust. The Trust currently has three local primary schools, although it is envisaged it will grow to between six and seven schools over time.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) together are responsible to the Principal and Chief Executive for all non-educational aspects of the College including Finance, HR, Premises and Health and Safety. The Chief Financial Officer carries out a similar role across the Hurst Education Trust and is also the Company Secretary for the College and the Trust, Clerk to Council for the College and Data Protection Officer for both the College and the Trust.
The role of Executive Assistant to the CFO and COO is new and encompasses elements of existing administrative roles together with a number of new responsibilities. The post holder will have considerable opportunity to develop the role over time. As the Hurst Education Trust grows, there are exciting plans to expand and develop the services offered to our academies and potential candidates should note that the role and job description may slightly change, with appropriate negotiation, over the course of the next 12-24 months during this exciting phase of development.
- To be the principal point of contact within the Bursary team for parents and other stakeholders, including the administration the bursary application process and annual renewals, which is outsourced.
- To liaise with colleagues in Admissions and Finance, answering routine questions and contacting parents and other stakeholders as required.
- To provide a confidential administration service, including the drafting of letters and documents to a wide range of audiences both internal and external to the College.
- Under the direction of the CFO and COO, prepare reports, presentations and research and draft policies as required.
- Maintain the College’s policy database, Staff Handbook, and manage the cycle of policy reviews.
- Administering routine processes, including (but not limited to):
- Co-ordinating and the completion of the Annual DfE and ISC Census’
- Administering the College’s Insurance arrangements, including claims
- Administration of the staff BUPA scheme
- Handling licensing and copyright matters including renewals and quarterly/annual returns
- Dealing with and answering routine correspondence, actively managing the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer’s emails and filtering telephone calls
- Undertaking all usual office routines and duties such as the setting up and use of spreadsheets, database management, reviewing documents, photocopying, printing, filing and record keeping
- Communicating with all the stakeholders of an independent school and a multi academy trust: teaching and support staff, parents, Governors, former pupils’ association, and visitors to the College
- Attending and taking minutes of the College’s weekly Operations meeting and other occasional meetings as required
- Completing Electoral Roll annual enquiry forms for resident staff, including managing Council Tax registers.
- Website updates for the Governors, Fees and Insurance pages
- Any other duties as required by the Chief Financial Officer or Chief Operating Officer.
Providing occasional administrative support to College teams for a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to assisting with the checking of pupil data held on the school database to ensure scholarships and bursaries have been correctly entered, carrying out data entry tasks, and any other reasonable requests.
Providing occasional support to the Director of HR and HR team assisting with any necessary administration and correspondence, including but not limited to: placing adverts, conducting safer recruitment checks, ensuring the necessary agreements and checks are completed for those living in College accommodation; maintaining the master record and informing the relevant people of any changes, and with matters such as annual performance reviews, and the training & development of staff.
The job holder may also be expected to provide occasional administrative support to other members of the CFO and COO’s team, including the Director of Finance and the Head of Estates. This could include assisting with the production of letters, internal publications and with mailings, and minuting meetings.
Undertaking any other duties as needed to fulfil the post, as directed by the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director of HR or management of the College including the Principal/Chief Executive.
Highly literate and numerate
Previous administrative experience
A good understanding of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Microsoft Excel, is essential.
Highly organised and effective prioritisation skills.
Proven ability to be effective under pressure of deadlines and multiple priorities.
Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Can-do attitude and be an excellent problem solver.
Adaptable and flexible in approach.
Driven by service excellence.
Full details of the post, together with how to apply are available on https://www.hppc.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us/support-staff-vacancies/
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £25,000 to £28,000
- Closing date
- 10 July 2022
- Hurstpierpoint College
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education