Instructor/Teacher of Food & Nutrition
Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Salary details: A SEN of £2,331 is attached to this role
Closing date: Tuesday 28 June 2022, 12 noon
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
New Horizons School as part of The Sabden Multi Academy Trust
St Leonards on Sea
New Horizons School - Instructor/Teacher of Food & Nutrition
- UQT 1-6 /MPS 1-6 /UPS 1-3
- Plus SEN additional allowance (qualified teachers only)
- Full-Time - Permanent
- Starting salary from £18,419 per annum
The SABDEN Multi Academy Trust provides specialised education to young people with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH). We are three special schools, a secure unit, a large countywide alternative provision and one of five teaching schools within East Sussex. We strive to discover success through learning, self-belief and achievement. Pupils are empowered to take responsibility through a personalised curriculum supported by secure systems.
New Horizons, St Leonards-on-Sea, is seeking to appoint an innovative, enthusiastic and effective practitioner with empathy towards children with SEN – in particular SEMH. We require an experienced practitioner to lead Food and Nutrition across the school. The lead practitioner will plan and support the delivery of all lessons involving food across the school, and teach at KS3 and KS4.The school has a strong track record of good GCSE’s within this subject area and has been involved in a number of local school competitions. Our GCSE pupils are highly thought of by all stakeholders as they prepare and serve canapés for special events, fayres and parent evenings.
The school has two sites (Beauchamp Road and Tile Barn Rod), half a mile apart, with two state of the art kitchens, which have recently been refurbished. The kitchens are colour coded with all tools, equipment & laptops required for our learners and interactive boards to support the delivery of lessons. .
We also have strong links with Dom’s food and he is an Ambassador of the School, regularly attending our assemblies and end of term celebrations. The after school cooking club also prepares a family meal each week for approximately 100 heads and the DofE pupils work with Dom to prepare bags of food for vulnerable families in the Hastings area.
If you are someone who:
- Understands the benefits of a physical style curriculum for vulnerable, hard to reach children.
- Enjoys working with pupils who enjoy and achieve in the the practical elements of food & nutrition.
- Enjoys being part of an experienced and supportive team of colleagues.
- Is a Teacher who is ready to manage a highly structured curriculum for small vulnerable groups.
- Can effectively manage pupils in the classroom and outdoors in a range of contexts.
- Would like to further develop food within our school and our wider stakeholder communities.
You will need to:
- Be an experienced practitioner who is ready for the next challenge which is wider than the school.
- Someone who understands how to differentiate the curriculum effectively for a range of learning abilities & needs.
- A highly skilled communicator inclusive of all stakeholders.
- Have a proven track record for high expectations and quality first teaching.
- Someone who can Inspire and Motivate individuals.
- Someone who can analytically think and make rational decisions in a crisis.
- Someone who can follow the School structure, policies and procedures with the highest level of consistency.
The successful candidate will be joining a school that continues to be ambitious in its drive to improve outcomes for our pupils. You will join a highly dedicated and professional staff team and be part of a supportive working and learning environment where your professional development is highly valued. The SABDEN Multi Academy Trust are also committed to professional development and have strong induction, ECT and unqualified teacher programmes.
We welcome visits to our school (during term time) and if you would like to see us or have an informal telephone discussion prior to submitting an application, please contact Simone Hopkins, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack, please visit the vacancy section of the SABDEN Multi Academy Trust website here: http://www.sabden.org.uk/216/vacancies
The deadline for applications is by midday, Tuesday 28th June 2022.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews are planned to be held W/C 11th July 2022.
For further information about New Horizons and the Trust, please visit the SABDEN website by clicking here: www.sabden.org.uk
The school has a proven commitment to 'Equality of Opportunity' and actively promotes the welfare and safeguarding of young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Debarring Service (DBS).
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
- £18,419 to £43,935
- Closing date
- 28 June 2022
- New Horizons
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership