Intermediate Care Manager
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 03 July 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion, please contact Kayleigh Anderson - Practice Manager on 07783 831 574 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a proactive, highly organised, dynamic and experienced manager for a 37 bedded intermediate care unit registered with the Care quality commission.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing staff
- Supporting staff with day-day queries
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with registration requirements
- Working with others to develop and monitor staff training
- Considering initiatives to enhance the experience of clients.
- Creatively using technology to develop the service
- Working with partners to provide an integrated service to clients
- Ensuring referrals to the service are managed effectively
- Monitoring client journey through service, minimising delays and promoting good practice.
- Working with others to review and present accurate service data to managers and other stakeholders.
- Health and Safety of staff and clients
For this role, you will need to be:
- A calm and consistent leader
- Innovative and technologically minded
- An excellent communicator established through experience with a wide range of customers and staff team
- Good problem-solving skills and practical thinking
- Excellent organisational skills
- Curious, investigative and have an eye for detail
- Able to analyse and interpret complex data
The ideal candidate will have relevant qualifications and experience that includes:
- A minimum of three years in management – experience of health or social care is desirable but not essential
- Proven track record in meeting deadlines and working autonomously
- Experience of quality monitoring methodology
- Ability to manage complex staffing and personnel issues
- Sound analytical and written communication skills
- Experience of partnership working
What we can offer you:
- Investment in your training to understand the service and department if your work experience is from a different industry
- Generous holiday and pension benefits
- Flexibility around start and finish times to fulfil 37 hours a week
- A wide range of employee benefits
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £33,725 to £39,288
- Closing date
- 3 July 2022
- East Sussex County Council
- Adult Social Care and Health
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type