Core Infrastructure Support Technical Officer
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 17 July 2022
For an informal discussion, please contact Girish Gorasia - Team Manager on 07968 832 074.
We are looking to recruit an IT&D Technical Officer in our Core Infrastructure Team at East Sussex County Council.
Our large IT & Digital department supports customers across East Sussex County Council while working closely with our Orbis Partners in Surrey County Council and Brighton and Hove City Council.
As a 3rd line support team we are here to support other IT staff and customers while they work in a flexible and agile way.
As a Technical Officer you will have experience of working in a 2nd or 3rd line support team. You will be passing on your technical knowledge and experience to creating and maintain up-to-date technical information for both customers and colleagues.
You will need to accurately record all work, keep customers informed of their service requests, prioritise your own workload, set customer expectations and work as part of a team to achieve your targets and objectives. You will provide an efficient and effective support of the server environment and back office infrastructure to the County Council.
To be shortlisted for an interview, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Management of Server Operating Systems and environment(s) with good hardware and software skills.
- Understanding of Active Directory.
- Understanding of NTFS security permissions.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office software.
- Good interpersonal skills, self motivated.
- Analytical thinker.
- Ability to mentor junior technical staff.
- Experience working with AzureAD and Office 365 toolset.
- Experience troubleshooting and working with Firewalls.
- Experience working within ITIL aligned organization.
- Experience maintaining SQL servers.
- Good understanding of Backups.
- Understanding of Network devices physically and virtually linked.
- Understanding of IPT solutions ideally cisco based products.
In addition to opportunities to grow your career within our large and varied workforce, we offer a diverse range of benefits to help and support you during your employment, which include:
- a generous leave entitlement which increases with service and an additional leave purchase scheme
- access to financial wellbeing resources and products including financial wellbeing
- a wide selection of discounts with high street retailers, holiday companies and more. You can find information about them on our Employee benefits page
- a salary sacrifice bike scheme
- the choice to be a membership of the attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £30,112 to £32,527
- Closing date
- 17 July 2022
- East Sussex County Council
- Business Services
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Information Technology