Residential childcare roles and salaries
We’re looking for people who want to make a real difference in the lives of children who need it the most. If you have the right skills, this could be you.
We offer a range of roles in our children’s homes, on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Residential Childcare Worker
- Residential Childcare Worker (Night Care)
- Relief Residential Childcare Worker
- Senior Residential Childcare Worker
- Group Worker
- Senior Group Worker
- Deputy House Manager/Deputy Homes Manager
- Registered Homes Manager
Salaries start from £22,966 for a Residential Childcare Worker. Group Worker salaries range from £20,000 to £24,999, and Senior Group Workers earn £25,000 to £34,999.
Salaries are enhanced for weekend working, with additional payments for sleep-in shifts. You can also get staff discounts and travel benefits. Read more about our benefits package.
Do you have the right skills?
We’re looking for people with the right personal skills and experience, including working with young people with challenging behaviour. Read more about skills you need in Could you work in residential childcare?
You will need a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare. If you don’t have a diploma yet, we’ll help you achieve it through our apprenticeship programme.
Applying for a job
- Search for residential childcare vacancies
- Other vacancies in children’s services
- Help applying for jobs with the County Council