As a County Council employee, there is a diverse range of benefits to help and support you during your employment. Please note that most of these benefits are available to all employees but some have specific eligibility criteria.
You can also find out more about how our employees can work flexibly.
Discounts and offers for everyday expenses
Our staff benefits sit includes a wide range of offers and discounts to help you make everyday savings on:
Shopping and groceries, including discounts with Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda
Department stores like Argos and Amazon
- Cinema tickets at major chains including Odeon and Cineworld
- Days out and attractions like Thorpe Park, Chessington, Sealife Centres and Alton Towers
- Gym memberships
- Dining and eating out
- Finance and utilities
We offer a range of ways to help staff travel to and from work:
- interest-free loans for season tickets, bicycles, rental deposits and driving lessons, plus competitive loans for vehicles
- a cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme (as well as secure bike sheds and showers at some locations)
- car and motorbike leasing
- car share scheme
- discounts on bus and train tickets via Easit
As ESCC is a corporate customer, employees can access exclusive discounts from Dell, Microsoft and O2. Typical savings include:
- 25% off of airtime plans with 02 open
- Save 30% on Microsoft Office and 10% on surface devices with Microsoft Home Use Programme
- Up to 20% off of computers and accessories with Dell Employee Advantage
Most of our employees choose to be members of the Local Government Pension Scheme which offers an excellent range of benefits, including a career average pension when you retire. You can find out more on the East Sussex Pension Fund website.
Some of our jobs may offer eligibility to alternative schemes; details will be available to applicants.
Employee Assistance Programme
Via our external partner, employees can gain access to free and confidential counselling as well as legal and financial advice to help them in times of need.
Our employees are eligible to join healthcare provider schemes such as HSF and Benenden.
Employees are eligible to join the following credit unions, giving access to preferential loan rates and ethical savings options:
We also have access to financial education, savings and loans from Salary Finance.
Give As You Earn
Employees can donate pre-tax from their salary to support charities of their choice.