Climate change - what we are doing - test
We have already:
- cut our carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 60% since 2008 to 2009
- set an ambitious target to cut corporate carbon emissions by half in the next 5 years.
- published a Climate Emergency Action plan for the next two years
- used our £1million Salix Recycling Fund to invest in improving energy efficiency, secured £670,000 of funding from government in 2021 to 2022.
- committed to buying electricity from renewable sources
- agreed £3million per year from 2022-25, to fund projects to reduce our carbon emissions
- look at cutting emissions from our transport, procurement and decision-making processes and investing in generating more renewable energy
- help residents and businesses to identify areas for individual action and promoting support programmes such as in our page, warm home service, Solar Together Sussex and also LoCASE (green business)
- work with partners on the East Sussex Environment Board to identify what more we can do
- Deliver carbon awareness training to over 100 staff
- Install electric vehicle charge points at County Hall
- publish a progress report every year