Climate change - test
We declared a Climate Emergency in 2019 and set a target of achieving carbon neutrality from our activities as soon as possible and in any event by 2050, in line with the new target for the UK agreed by Parliament in 2019.
What you can do
Play your part in tackling climate change by calculating your own carbon footprint – WWF and see if you can take steps to reduce it:
- Make energy improvements at home:
Energy advice for your home - Energy Saving Trust
- Install solar panels and battery storage on your home:
Solar Together Sussex
- Buy local, recycle materials and compost your food waste:
Composting at home
- Switch to green energy:
Switching your energy supplier – Energy Saving Trust
- Walk, cycle or use public transport – reduce car use and switch to electric vehicles.
- Spread the word and encourage your friends, relatives and neighbours to take on a personal challenge to cut carbon and save costs.
Why it matters
We want to play our part in reducing the future impacts on our local environment, infrastructure and the lives of those who live and work in our County. Benefits include cleaner air, healthier lifestyles, more energy efficient homes and businesses and the opportunity for local green businesses to sell their goods and services.
For more information on what climate change is and why it matters: