Development control


Due to the current events, we are only able to respond to written enquiries by email ( Please include an email address in any correspondence (email or letter). We are still able to answer your enquiries by phone (01273 481846), but if you wish to speak with a planning officer, the best way to contact them is to email with your name and phone number, they will call you when they can. You can track the progress of a planning application on our planning register at any time. We appreciate your cooperation at this unusual time.

Most planning applications are decided by borough and district councils. We only deal with minerals extraction, waste management and developments such as schools, libraries and roads.

Our development control service can help if you want to:

Contact the Planning Development Control team.

Transport development control

As the county highway authority, we also offer advice to local planning authorities on applications that may affect roads or transport. Find out more about development control for roads and transport.