Become a teacher

Become a teacher

To teach in a UK state school, you need to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) by following a programme of Initial Teacher Education or Training (ITET) based at a university, school, or college in the UK.

Choose from School-led or University-led training depending on your qualifications and preference.

School-led training

University-led training

Bursaries and funding

“I’ve always wanted to teach. Since volunteering I’ve learnt a lot more about working with young people.”