Free transport to mainstream schools


2020 Academic Year Updates

Free school transport to mainstream schools

For information visit:

Opt-in emails for qualifying new starters will be sent by 17 July, please contact us by 1 August if you haven’t received this.

4. Timetable and ticket information

Freedom Passes and public transport timetables

East Sussex Travel permits and timetables

If you lose your Travel Permit there is a fee to replace it. Apply for a replacement travel permit.

Metrobus and Brighton & Hove Key Cards

Rail warrants and season tickets

We send paper warrants (which looks like a cheque). To receive your child’s season ticket you must:

  1. Take the warrant to a station (we recommend using a major station)
  2. Take their rail photocard or bring a passport size photo if they do not have a rail photocard already.
  3. The ticket clerk will then issue a season ticket for the specified journey.

Using the rail service

  • Your child must carry their rail season ticket and photocard at all times.
  • If your child loses their photocard or season ticket you will need a replacement. There may be a charge. Get a replacement from the station ticket offices.
  • To plan your journey, see Timetables, maps and real time information

Print entire guide