Who gets travel assistance?

To apply, you must meet the following criteria.

Your child must:

  • live in East Sussex
  • have a current Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), or be in the process of acquiring one
  • be attending the nearest suitable school to home

We will then consider the circumstances of the student, their family, and their broader network. This will help us to decide whether it is necessary to provide travel assistance. Parents or carers will be expected to prioritise transporting the student over other commitments.

See how we decide who gets travel assistance: