Travel assistance for those aged 16 to 19 with SEND
The deadline for applications for September 2023 has now passed but you still need to apply if you haven’t already done so.
We need to receive a new application for transport in September for any child who is:
• Moving into reception, year 7 or year 12 (even if they are not moving schools)
• Changing school (any school year)
We will only provide transport if we receive and approve the application. We cannot guarantee that transport will be in place for the start of the September term if your application was received past the deadline.
2. Who gets travel assistance?
The following criteria must be met for an application to be considered.
The student must:
- live in East Sussex
- have a current Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- be on a full time course (or equivalent)
- be attending the nearest suitable school or college to home
- be unable to travel to school or college on their own
We will then consider the circumstances of the student, their family, and their broader network. This will help us to decide whether it is necessary to provide travel assistance. Parents or carers will be expected to prioritise transporting the student over other commitments.
Further information on how we decide who gets travel assistance can be found in:
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.