School transport appeals
Stage 1 appeals
Complete a stage 1 appeal form to make an appeal about a decision on school transport. The stage 1 appeal is carried out by a senior officer who will review the request against the school transport policy. This stage does not take account of personal or extenuating reasons.
The senior officer:
- will consider your stage 1 appeal form
- will consider any information provided in support of the appeal
- will consider the original application form or transport request and any information provided in support
- will consider any other correspondence used when reaching the initial decision
- may consult other departments and or agencies as necessary
We aim to provide you with a decision from your stage 1 appeal within 20 working days of receipt of the appeal form. You will receive an email with detailed reasoning for the decision and how you can escalate your case to stage 2 if you are not happy with the outcome.
During this stage (or a stage 2 appeal) we will not provide travel assistance or make a change to existing travel assistance. You will continue to be responsible for ensuring your child attends their placement.
Stage 1 appeal form [89.2 KB] [docx]
For children or young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan or nursery age children, please follow the process for special educational needs and disability (SEND) travel assistance appeals.