Admissions rules - how places are offered in East Sussex schools
What we won't take into account
When schools are oversubscribed, the published admissions criteria are applied to decide which children will be allocated places.
Given this, you need to bear in mind that for local authority controlled schools, these do not take account of:
- attendance at a particular school, pre-school or nursery setting other than for linked infant and junior schools
- any connection you or your family may have had with a school
- your working or child care and travel arrangements
- any reference to a child’s ability or particular aptitude.
- any educational or social need the child may have unless they have an Education, Health and Care Plan naming a school
- the relative performance of schools.
Always check the school’s admissions policy to confirm what rules they have in place.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.