Finding the right school
You have the right to state preferences for 3 different schools for your child.
To help you decide which schools to apply for, you should find out as much as you can about individual schools. This could include how they allocate places. You will need to consider how your child will get to and from school. In most cases you will need to make your own arrangements.
See Apply for a school place 2022 to 2023 for useful guidance.
Whether your child attends a Local Authority maintained school, or an academy, the school can refer to ISEND services for support and advice if there are concerns about your child’s attendance, progress or wellbeing in the future. See our Local Offer or visit Amaze for information, advice and support.
You can also:
- See the secondary community area list.
- See admission number for each secondary school and how places were allocated for 2021.
- See the primary community area list.
- See admission number for each primary school and how places were allocated for 2021.
- Find out about schools’ admissions criteria
- Look at Education league tables and Ofsted reports
If you need help please contact the Admissions and Transport team
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.