Our Customer Care Commitment
We want you to receive a high quality service, however you choose to get in touch. To help us achieve this we have a set of minimum standards that make up our Customer Care Commitment:
- We will be friendly, polite and honest.
- We will listen to your query.
- We will always try to answer your query straight away.
- If we can’t resolve the matter immediately we will give you the name and contact details of the person who will respond.
- We will use Plain Language – this means we will try to be clear and concise and avoid using jargon.
- Outside office hours we will provide an emergency number to call if you need it.
On the phone
- We will answer within 5 rings, either personally or using an answerphone service.
- We will greet you with the name of the service so you know you’ve reached the right place.
- If we need to transfer you to someone else, we’ll explain why and give you their name.
- We will reply within 10 days. If we can’t resolve everything we will write to let you we have received your letter and let you know what we will do next.
- We will send an acknowledgement so you know we’ve received your email (this might be an automatic response) and send a full response within 10 days.
Electronic forms from the website
- Your form will be directed to the right team within 24 hours.
- Wherever possible we will make our buildings accessible to everyone.
- We will make your visit as comfortable as possible and will provide a welcoming, clean and safe environment at our offices.
If you have a complaint
Sometimes things go wrong and you may not be happy with the service you receive from us: how to make a complaint.