Homes for Ukraine

If you can offer a home, or spare room for at least six months, to people fleeing Ukraine, you can register to become a ‘sponsor’ through the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme.

We have more information about the steps involved in the scheme:

The safety of everyone involved in the scheme is our priority. Please be aware we will need to conduct thorough background checks on everyone aged 16 or over in host households. Each property will also be visited to ensure it’s suitable for sharing.

We’re already contacting everyone in East Sussex who has been matched with Ukrainian guests. If you have registered for the scheme but not yet been matched, please do not contact us but await more information.

We have published a welcome guide for hosts in East Sussex with information and links which you and your guests may find helpful: Welcoming Ukrainian guests to East Sussex

We’ll keep these pages updated with news and information.

If you have a Ukrainian family member fleeing the country, you don’t need to register as a sponsor. They should instead apply for the Ukraine Family Scheme visa.

See also: Ukraine Family Scheme - more information.

We’re sorry but we do not have any information about the progress of any visa applications. These are handled by the Home Office.