Financial help if you are sick or disabled

1. Benefits

If you or your child is disabled or has a long-term illness there is a range of disability-related financial support which may help.

You may be entitled to benefits such as Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you cannot work because of illness or disability, or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for adults and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children to help with the added costs of living with a disability.

Universal Credit has started to replace some income-related benefits in some parts of the county.

Print entire guide