Discretionary East Sussex Support Scheme

2. Can I get help?

You have to live in East Sussex (which does not include Brighton & Hove). You must be 16 years or over.

You must either have a low income or receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

If you are able to cover this need yourself or there is another way that you could do so, DESSS will not be able to help you.

Print entire guide