Social interaction and autism
1. Helping your child with social interaction
Social interaction is the way people talk and communicate with each other. Children begin learning social interaction skills early in childhood and these develop throughout life. All children develop at different rates but social skills are complex and some children will need help and support in specific areas.
- Helping your child to learn – Family lives
- The Communication Trust – Resources for Parents
- I CAN – The children’s communication charity
- Talking Point: Speech and Language in Children
- Afasic Voice for Life