Education personal budgets

You can ask for an education personal budget if your child has (or you have, if you’re 16 to 25) a draft or final education, health and care (EHC) plan.

Personal budgets can give you more choice. For example, you can ask for some of the education in the EHC plan to be provided by someone other than the school.

We may agree a personal budget if:

  • the funding can be separated from the school or college budget
  • there’s no extra cost to us
  • it will help meet the outcomes in the EHC plan.

To apply contact your ISEND Assessment and Planning Officer below or call 01273 336740.


See the escis directory for services you can buy with a personal budget.