Health services for children with special needs

If you’re worried about your child’s physical or mental health, speak to their health visitor, School Health Service, nursery or GP.

They may refer your child to health services for assessment and support.

Mental health

See mental health support for young people for information about local services.

Speech, physio and occupational therapy

The Children’s Integrated Therapy and Equipment Service (CITES) is for children age 0 to 19. A team of therapists help children with developmental problems.

Child Development Clinics

Specialists assess and treat children with developmental and special needs at East Sussex Heathcare Trusts Paediatric Services

Annual health checks

Young people with learning disabilities age 14+ can have an annual health check.

Other health services