Working with looked after children
The Virtual School for Children in Care
The Virtual School has a statutory duty to work together with children and young people, schools, social workers, carers and other professionals to ensure that our children and young people do as well as possible at school. It provides support for students:
- from pre-school and reception up to age 19 (or 25 for those in full time education)
- wherever they are educated
Outcomes and provisions are planned via Personal Education Plan (PEP) meetings.
The Virtual School also provides advice and guidance for children:
- adopted from care
- on special guardianship orders (SGO), or
- on child arrangement orders (CAO)
The Virtual Headteacher, Mandy Lewis, leads a team who have responsibility for all the children and young people in care. They:
- monitor their progress
- champion their educational needs and
- provide or commission additional support
Virtual School for Children in Care
Hailsham Resource Centre,
- Telephone: 01323 464 630
- Email: email@example.com (contact form)
The Virtual School has a governing body and the chairperson is Sally Carnie.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.