Becoming a supported lodgings provider
What does it involve?
Supported lodgings offer young people (16 to 21) the chance to learn the skills they need to thrive and live independently. They may be homeless, a care leaver or unable, for whatever reason, to live with their birth family.
As a supported lodgings provider you'll pass on your own life skills to build their confidence by:
- offering emotional and practical support
- helping them learn to cook, do housework basics, shop with a budget and keep themselves safe
- helping them with work or further education applications
- encourage them to choose alternatives to past unhelpful behaviours
- receive training and be part of a team – you're not on your own. The team includes their social worker and other professionals.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.