Uckfield Children's Centre
Children’s Centres across East Sussex are organised into areas. Uckfield Children’s Centre is in the High Weald area.
- Free on-street parking around the centre
- Bus stops nearby
- Uckfield train station is a 15-minute walk
Find out what’s on offer in this local area:
Activities to support your child’s learning and development - contact your Health Visiting Team on 01323 464000 if you want support with your child’s learning and development and they can signpost you to these sessions. They can also be emailed at email@example.com
- Early Years Play and Learn sessions - these run at Heathfield Youth Centre, Uckfield Children’s Centre and Grove House, Crowborough
- Small Beginnings - A group for families concerned about their child’s development in communication, interactions and / or play skills. These run at Uckfield Children’s Centre and Grove House, Crowborough.
- Balanceability - a 5-week course to support parents in helping their children become confident physical movers.
- Mini Trailblazers (suitable for walkers and non-walkers under 5) – Tuesdays 10-11am, Horam Cuckoo trail meeting at Hillside Drive car park, TN21 0HL
- Buggy Walk (suitable for non-walkers) - Wednesday 10 - 11am meeting at Luxford Park, Uckfield, TN22 1AL
- Out & About Selby Meadow playgroup (suitable for walkers) – Wednesday mornings at 10-11.30, Selby Road, Uckfield, TN22 5EB
- Discovery Tots playgroup (suitable for all ages under 5) – Fridays 10-11.30 at Uckfield Children’s Centre, TN22 1DL
FREE Family Learning courses at Uckfield Children's Centre – call or email EHcommunityhighweald@eastsussex.gov.uk to book a place
- Family First Aid 3-week course with free creche - 9th, 16th and 23rd November 2022 9.30 to 11.30am at Uckfield Children’s Centre, with a creche settling in session on 2nd November. Covering vital emergency skills, focussing mostly on first aid for babies and young children.
- Parent and Child Signing 6-week course starting 10th November to 15th December at Uckfield Children’s Centre, 10-11.30am. This course is aimed at babies under 12 months and those who have children with additional needs. It is designed to give parents/carers the skills and confidence to use and teach key signs to their baby to support their speech, language and communication development.
FREE Virtual Family Learning courses – email EHcommunityhighweald@eastsussex.gov.uk to book a place
- Family First Aid (Virtual)
- Money Matters (Virtual)
- Parent and Child Signing (Virtual)
- Ways in to Work (Virtual)
Volunteering – if you are interested in Volunteering in this area please call or email
Antenatal Classes – free antenatal support is available for all first-time parents across East Sussex. Contact the Antenatal Team for more details.
Child health clinics and postnatal workshops – contact your Health Visiting Team on 01323 464000 to find out what clinics and workshops are available. A list of contacts for Health Visitors can be found at the link above.
- Disabled access
- Baby changing
- Buggy park
Uckfield Children's Centre
1 Manor Close