Uckfield Children's Centre
Children’s Centres across East Sussex are organised into areas. Uckfield Children’s Centre is in the High Weald area.
- Free on-street parking around the centre
- Bus stops nearby
- Uckfield train station is a 15-minute walk
Find out what’s on offer in this local area:
Activities to support your child’s learning and development - contact your local Children's Centre on 01273 336930 or email EHCommunityHighWeald@eastussex.gov.uk if you would like to discuss whether the following groups will be beneficial for your family:
- Early Years Play and Learn sessions - these run at Heathfield Youth Centre, Uckfield Children’s Centre and Grove House, Crowborough. For families with under-fives with concerns about development in the prime areas, play, interactions and attunement.
- Small Beginnings - these are run at Uckfield Children’s Centre, Heathfield Youth Centre and Grove House, Crowborough. A group for families concerned about their child’s development in communication, interactions and / or play skills.
- Balanceability - a 5-week course to support parents in helping their children become confident physical movers.
FREE drop-in volunteer-led Activities (term time only) email or complete this form to book a place, or just come along on the day
******Our groups will be back after the Easter break, week commencing April 17th 2023 (Bumps 2 Babies Horam will be back on the 24th April) *****
- Mini Trailblazers (suitable for walkers and non-walkers under 5) – Tuesdays 10-11am, Horam Cuckoo trail meeting at Hillside Drive car park, TN21 0HL
- Out & About Selby Meadow playgroup (suitable for both walkers and non-walkers) – Wednesday mornings at 10-11.30, Selby Road, Uckfield, TN22 5EB
- Discovery Tots playgroup (suitable for all ages under 5) – Fridays 10-11.30 at Uckfield Children’s Centre, TN22 1DL
- Bumps 2 Babies Horam baby group- Mondays 1-2pm at The Cartlodge Manor Farm, TN21 0JB
- Bumps 2 Babies Crowborough baby group - Wednesdays 10am at Crowborough Community Centre, Pine Grove, TN6 1FE
- Uckfield Buggy Walk for parents/carers with non-walkers - Wednesdays 1-2pm meeting outside Uckfield Community Fridge, TN22 1AL
FREE Virtual Family Learning courses – email EHFamilycourses@eastsussex.gov.uk to book a place
- Family First Aid (Virtual)
- Money Matters (Virtual)
- Parent and Child Signing (Virtual)
- Ways in to Work (Virtual)
- Fun with Learning (Virtual)
Early Communication Support – if you are concerned about your child’s speech, language or communication contact your Health Visiting Team or Early Years Setting.
Volunteering – if you are interested in volunteering in this area please call or email EHcommunityhighweald@eastsussex.gov.uk
Antenatal Classes – free antenatal support is available for all first-time parents across East Sussex. Contact the Antenatal Team for more details.
Child health clinics and postnatal workshops – contact your Health Visiting Team on 01323 464000 to find out what clinics and workshops are available. A list of contacts for Health Visitors can be found at the link above. Contact the Health Visiting Team on 01323 464000 if you want support with your child’s learning and development. They can also be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disabled access
- Baby changing
- Buggy park
Uckfield Children's Centre
1 Manor Close
High Weald area