‘Start4Life’ (Start for Life) is our service for parents during pregnancy and during your baby's early years.
To access these free services, contact your local Family Hub.
What we offer throughout pregnancy
Your midwife will see throughout your pregnancy to check you and your baby are healthy.
From 18 weeks of pregnancy you can sign up to our Bump and beyond antenatal classes.
This course will show you how to feel more confident about building a relationship with your baby. It helps you feel more prepared for parenthood, giving you and baby the best start. It’s also a great way to meet other mums, dads and non-birthing parents.
Start4Life also offers:
- transition to parenthood videos
- a breastfeeding workshop
- a 'Parents In Mind' group for mothers and fathers
- a health visiting, antenatal contact service
What we offer from 0-1 years
A Health Visiting service for:
- Day 10-14
- 6-8 weeks
- 10 months
- health visiting duty service
Family learning courses:
- first aid
- parent and child signing
- Story Sacks. This is a bag containing a book and related items. Story sacks provide an interactive experience. They promote early literacy skills.
- Healthy Active Little Ones (HALO) workshops for parents moving to early years education settings.