2. Businesses approved by 'Buy With Confidence'
Find approved traders
In response to concerns about ‘rogue traders’, we provide consumers with a list of local businesses that are committed to trading fairly and provide high standards of customer service.
All businesses on the Buy With Confidence website have been approved by Trading Standards.
How to join Buy With Confidence
Any business can apply to join Buy With Confidence. Every business is vetted before they are approved, with detailed checks including:
- review of their complaints history and a visit from Trading Standards
- good references from previous customers
- applicants must agree to the scheme’s code of conduct
- criminal records basic disclosure required in some circumstances.
Trading Standards services across the country – including East Sussex – take part in the Buy With Confidence scheme. Members are monitored via the Citizen’s Advice Consumer Service and through customer feedback.
Read about how to apply.
Rate a business
Share your experience so that other customers can see your recommendations.