Trading Standards advice for businesses and consumers

Trading Standards

Summary of the services Trading Standards provides for businesses and consumers in East Sussex, including our enforcement policy.

Consumer advice and making complaints

Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service for general advice and to complain about goods and services.

Online reporting form

Report illegal trading activity, such as rogue trading or the sale of unsafe or illicit goods, by using our online reporting form.

Upcoming training

Training workshops and online courses for businesses

Trading Standards business advice service

Contact Trading Standards for business advice and support provided at a chargeable hourly fee.

Approved traders

Find businesses approved by Trading Standards on the Checkatrade and Buy With Confidence websites.

Explosives and fireworks licences

Apply for licences and registrations to store and sell fireworks and other explosives.

Animal health and welfare

Licences, animal movements, pet passports, animal feed and other aspects of animal health.

Licence for storing petroleum

We deal with safety and licences for businesses that store large amounts of petrol.

Product recalls and food safety alerts

Latest safety notices on hazardous food and dangerous products.

Age restricted products and volunteer purchasers

Volunteers are needed to help Trading Standards check that businesses aren’t selling goods to underage customers.

How to contact Trading Standards

How to contact Trading Standards service in East Sussex.

Guidance for businesses

Business Companion is a free resource that provides guidance on current Trading Standards legislation.