UK Community Renewal Fund
*This fund is now closed to new bids*
The details on this page remain published for information only.
In selecting the bids that will be forwarded to the UK (United Kingdom) Government for consideration, East Sussex County Council will prioritise those bids that have the greatest potential to deliver against key local growth priorities.
The County Council will consider alignment with the following local strategies when selecting the bids to go forward
- East Sussex Reset: Economy Recovery Plan 2020
- East Sussex Growth Strategy 2014 to 2020
- Skills East Sussex (SES) statement of priorities
- East Sussex Environment Strategy 2020
- East Sussex Cultural Strategy 2013 to 2023
- SELEP Recovery and Renewal Strategy
- Borough and District Local Plans (see below)
- South Downs Local Plan 2014 to 2033
In terms of geographic coverage, projects should benefit one (or more) of the boroughs and districts in East Sussex:
- Eastbourne Borough Council - Eastbourne Core Strategy and Eastbourne Local Plan
- Hastings Borough Council - Hastings Local Plan
- Lewes District Council - Lewes Local Plan Part 1 and Lewes Local Plan Part 2
- Rother District Council - Rother Core Strategy and Rother Local Plan
- Wealden District Council - Wealden Local Plan
Note that Hastings and Lewes have been designated as ‘priority places’ for this fund by the UK Government, while Eastbourne, Rother and Wealden are listed as ‘other places’. This invitation is open to applicants from all five borough and district areas across both priority and other places.