Stalled Sites Fund - Guidance
The Stalled Sites Fund (SSF) is an East Sussex County Council one-off capital fund designed to help finance feasibility studies, site investigations, pre-planning and business case development to support the case for commercial sites that have remained undeveloped for over twelve months to raise finance.
50% match funding is required up to a maximum grant of £25,000.
Application forms can be obtained from Economic Intervention Fund.
- Public and private sector organisations. Partnerships will be considered.
- The applicant must own the site or be applying on behalf of or in partnership with the owner.
- Undeveloped or underdeveloped greenfield or brownfield commercial development site in East Sussex.
- Evidence of 50% match funding. In exceptional circumstances lower match contributions will be considered.
- Site stalled for 12 months minimum.
- Project needs funding for feasibility / site investigation or business case development.
- Normally the site must be a minimum size of half a hectare or will produce a minimum of 10,000 square feet of commercial space. Smaller sites may be considered.
Contact Economic Intervention Fund to discuss the possibility.
- The fund is administered by the East Sussex County Council Business Funding Team, who should be contacted for an application form. Email Economic Intervention Fund.
- Applications will be appraised by the Business Funding Team with advice from relevant departments and other authorities based on: value for money; the difficulty of the issue; viability and deliverability; and the number of jobs the site can accommodate.
- Appraisals are considered by a panel of East Sussex senior officers who make a recommendation to the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport for decision on behalf of the Lead Member.
- Successful applicants will be sent an offer letter detailing the conditions of funding for the applicant to accept prior to entering into a funding contract.
- Payment will be made on evidence of invoices for the level of grant and match approved.
How to apply
Contact the County Council's Business Funding Team for an application form.