Getting Building Fund (GBF)
This open call is now closed to new applications.
The South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) has announced a new funding call to allocate £2.049m of Getting Building Fund (GBF).
This funding is available to capital projects across the SELEP region that meet the following key criteria set out for the programme:
- That the project supports the activities outlined in the SELEP Economic Recovery and Renewal Strategy;
- That the project is shovel ready and subject to a short delivery programme (the Business Case must demonstrate that full spend of the GBF funding can be achieved within twelve months of receipt of funding approval from the Accountability Board);
- There are no barriers to delivery, such as outstanding permissions or consents;
- A robust need for investment in the project;
- The project offers High value for money;
- A full funding package is in place to support project delivery; and
- Consideration has been given to the impact of high inflation and interest rates on forecast costs.
Full details are provided on the SELEP website, including a guidance note with detailed information on the criteria and the Business Case application templates:
To ensure that all bids are proportionate for the amount of funding available, we are asking that bids are for a minimum of £100,000.
How to apply
Please visit the South East LEP website to view the guidance note and download the Business Case application templates.
Applicants are asked to firstly advise the County Council of their 'intention' to submit a bid with an email to email@example.com.
Please note that any organisation submitting an application will be expected to pay for the cost of the independent technical evaluation of their business case, which will be approximately £1,800 plus VAT. The County Council will make the initial payment for this and organisations will then be recharged. Applicants will also be asked to provide their past three years of accounts.
Further note that the award of funding to projects will not be confirmed until January 2024 at the earliest.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.