Starting a business
There are lots of things to think about when you set up a business or become self-employed, including:
- type of business – from sole trader to private limited company, partnership or social enterprise
- location – finding premises, working from home, business rates, rent or buy
- legal issues – registering your business, employment law, food safety, tax and licences
- finance – from grants and loans to cash flow
- business knowledge – researching your market, create a business plan
- technology – what do you need to run your business, planning for emergencies
- training – finding courses, qualifications
- selling your services – growing your business, networking and advertising.
The GOV.UK website is the best place to start looking for everything you need to start, manage, and improve a business. The site replaces the former Business Link website.
For guidance on setting up a business in East Sussex: