Licences and registration

Licences from your District or Borough Council

How to apply for a variety of licences, including those for entertainment, street trading, rented properties and animal businesses.

Explosives and fireworks licences

Apply for licences and registrations to store and sell fireworks and other explosives.

Licence for non-medical poisons

The Home Office now deals with licences for chemicals, including poisons, instead of Trading Standards.

Highways licences and permits

Information about road maintenance, current roadworks, road schemes, salting and gritting, adopted roads, abnormal loads and road safety.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service

They are responsible for issuing Fire Safety Certificates and licensing petrol stations.