School admissions and transport
Admissions and Transport Team
We are responsible for allocating primary and secondary school places at community and controlled schools in the county; providing assistance with school transport; administering the provision of free school meals and providing travel assistance and advice for students in further education.
Opening hours for enquiries
Monday 2pm to 5pm, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am to 2pm, Wednesday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Closed for admissions queries before 2pm on Mondays and after 2pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays to process applications. Online applications can still be made at any time.
- School admissions and how to apply
- General information on school admissions from nursery to post 16 education, children with special educational needs and admissions appeals.
- Online applications - school admissions during the academic year
- Apply for a primary or secondary school place for your child during the academic year.
- Financial help with home to school travel
- Free school meals
- Find out if your child can receive free school meals and how to apply.