We have developed a medium term plan to make sure that our land and buildings are being used effectively and efficiently.
By successfully managing our property assets, we aim to improve how:
- buildings enhance our service delivery
- people can access our buildings
- we maintain our buildings
- we buy new property or land
- we sell our existing property or land.
To find out more, see our Corporate Property Asset Management Plan.
Disabled access to Council properties
We are making improvements to access for disabled people in Council buildings. You can read more about what we are doing in our Access Strategy to Public Buildings and our policy for the Implementation of the Disability Discrimination Act.
Construction and maintenance
The construction and maintenance team are responsible for the design and construction of new buildings, and the maintenance and adaptation of existing Council property.
Maintenance is planned and carried out in response to problems reported by site users. For more information see our Corporate Building Maintenance Policy.
The estates team are responsible for promoting best practice in the use and occupation of the Council's property through:
- development and regeneration schemes
- purchase and sale of land and premises
- rent reviews, lease renewals and valuations.
The team manages a 113 acre dairy farm owned by the Council. Hye House Farm, near Crowhurst, is occupied by a tenant and was acquired around 1920.