The Health and Social Care Bill has been passed through Parliament and has now become law. It requires the County Council to establish a Health and Wellbeing Board.
We established the Health and Wellbeing Board in shadow form in 2011, and it assumed its full statutory powers and duties in April 2013.
What this board does
The Board is committed to improving health and wellbeing across East Sussex, especially for people, places and communities who currently have the worst health outcomes. It will make sure there is a shared and comprehensive understanding of local health and wellbeing needs, and a clear strategy to meet them.
It is an unusual council committee in that officers vote with councillors and other local representatives. It has statutory powers and meets in public.
These meetings are open to the public and press.
Where it meets
Unless otherwise shown, all meetings are held at:
When it meets
Add these meetings to your calendar
Health and Wellbeing Board meetinghttp://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/id/committee/56/meeting/836
Health and Wellbeing Board meetinghttp://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/id/committee/56/meeting/837
Health and Wellbeing Board meetinghttp://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/id/committee/56/meeting/838
- Councillor Bill Bentley
- Councillor Keith Glazier (Chair)
- Councillor Pat Rodohan
- Councillor Trevor Webb
- Cynthia Lyons, Acting Director of Public Health (East Sussex County Council)
- Julie Fitzgerald, Representative (Healthwatch East Sussex)
- Dr Martin Writer, Representative (Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford CCG)
- Dr Elizabeth Gill (Deputy Chair), Representative (High Weald Lewes Havens CCG)
- Keith Hinkley, Director of Adult Social Care and Health (East Sussex County Council)
- Amanda Philpott, Representative (Hastings and Rother CCG)
- Stuart Gallimore, Director of Children's Services (East Sussex County Council)
Invited observers with speaking rights
- An elected Member from each of the five borough and district councils (must be different to their representative on the Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee)
- Chief Executive of East Sussex County Council
- Chief Executive of East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Chief Executive of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner
- A representative of the East Sussex Voluntary and Community Sector nominated by SpeakUp
- A representative from Surrey and Sussex Area Team of NHS England.
From time to time the board will call on a broader group of interested parties, known formally as an 'assembly'.
If you have any queries about the Health and Wellbeing Board, please contact Democratic Services.