Tired of seeing wrecked and abandoned cars in your neighbourhood? Fed up with anti-social behaviour from drivers? Don't put up with it – report it using Operation Crackdown.
Operation Crackdown Logo 2013
What you can report
- mobile phone use
- inconsiderate driving
- driving without tax or insurance
- under-age drivers
- drink or drug driving
- vehicles in unsafe condition
- abandoned cars
What you should do
- If driving, pull over safely at the side of the road or ask a passenger to write down details.
- Make a note of vehicle make, model, colour and number plate – this will help police enquiries.
- Use house numbers (or shop names) and road names to pinpoint where the incident happened or where you spotted a potential abandoned vehicle.
- Write a brief description of what you saw, while it is still fresh in your mind.
- When at work or home, visit Operation Crackdown or call 01243 64 22 22 to record your information – this will only take a few minutes.
Your information will then be looked at and acted on if necessary by Sussex Police.
Who is behind Operation Crackdown?
Operation Crackdown is a partnership which includes:
- Sussex Police
- East and West Sussex County Councils
- Brighton & Hove City Council
- all East and West Sussex district and borough councils
- East and West Sussex Fire and Rescue Services
- Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships (CDRPs)
- the DVLA.