To renew library books and other loans online, you will need your library card number and PIN.
You can also renew by phoning 0345 60 80 195 – you'll need your card and PIN to use our automated phone renewals, or you can choose to speak to staff during opening hours.
You cannot renew ebooks or audiobooks – after three weeks they stop working and you'll need to download them again. For more advice, please see E-library – help using ebooks and audiobooks.
Renewing your loans
You can renew loans up to five times on the
E-library – except for DVDs and titles reserved by other library members.
- After you've signed in, click ‘Loans and renewals' to see a list of titles on loan to you and the date they are due back.
- Any titles that can't be renewed will be shown in a separate list explaining why they can't be renewed.
- To renew titles, tick the box next to each title and then click the ‘Renew' button.
Important note about reserved titles
If your loans have been reserved by another person, you may be able to renew them for a further 7 days – please phone 0345 60 80 195 on Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm and Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
Renewal charges and fines
The 'Loans and renewals' screen shows you how much it will cost to renew each title.
A further hire charge may be made on some titles when you renew them, such as audiobooks. Overdue charges will be made on loans that are late.
Please take care when renewing – your titles will be renewed immediately when you click the ‘Renew' button and any charges added on your account. These charges cannot be refunded and should be paid on your next visit to the library.
See our help page on checking your account.
Renew your children's loans
Parents and carers responsible for the library cards of children under 16 can use the E-library to renew their loans as well.
First sign into your own membership details. You can renew your family loans in two places:
- Summary – lists all your cards and a summary of your loans. Click ‘View titles and renew' next to each name.
- Loans and renewals – click the children's names to see their loans and renew them using the same method described above.
Renewing titles from libraries outside East Sussex
You can use the E-library to renew titles borrowed from libraries outside East Sussex. Please check if there are any special limits on these loans by asking your local library.