Reports on our consultation in to why and how people use rights of way and our countryside sites can be found by clicking here.
Use our interactive rights of way map to find where to walk and ride in East Sussex.
What the map shows
The map covers the whole county and lets you zoom in to any area to show the footpaths, bridleways and byways in that location. You can also find out if there are any stiles, gates or bridges on the paths.
You can also make your own maps by downloading our Rights of Way network data. See Rights of Way open data.
How to use the map
To navigate our rights of way map, you can:
- search by place, road name or grid reference
- move around by clicking and dragging or using the small arrowed buttons at each corner and midsection
- zoom in or out by double-clicking, using the slider bar on the left-hand side or your mouse wheel
- show the rights of way on an aerial photo by clicking on the 'Aerial' button
- get more information, such as path name and number, by clicking on a path or symbol when fully zoomed in. Please note that if there is more than one object at the same location, the symbols will not show the exact location of the items, therefore, if you click on a symbol and can't see any information, try clicking on the path line next to the symbol.
Go to the rights of way map
People with a visual impairment or who use a screen reader can request information in an accessible format from the Rights of Way Team.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date, East Sussex County Council takes no responsibility for any incorrect information. The online map is provided for guidance only and is not a legal record – the Definitive Map and Statement can be viewed at County Hall, Lewes.
This project is part of the Accessing the Countryside project, co-financed by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund) under the Interreg IVA 2 Seas Crossborder Cooperation Programme 2007-13.
Project part financed by the European Union
Interreg IVA 2 Mers Seas Zeeën Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013
This website reflects the author's views. The Interreg IVA 2 Seas Programme Authority is not liable for any use that may be made of the information it contains.