Asbestos – from Friday 22 August you will no longer be able to dispose of asbestos at Seaford Household Waste Recycling Site. The nearest site will be Newhaven. It is also accepted at Eastbourne, Hastings and Heathfield.
Changes to the Household Waste Recycling Site service – following public consultation, the County Council's Cabinet has decided to keep the sites at Seaford, Forest Row and Wadhurst open from Friday to Sunday. Opening hours will change this autumn, we will advertise the date with plenty of notice. Household Waste Recycling Site changes – frequently asked questions
Seaford Household Waste Site location map
Two miles from Seaford town centre on Cradle Hill Industrial Estate, BN25 3JE
From Seaford train station, take the A259 towards Eastbourne. Look for the Downs Leisure Centre on the left and take the next left into Alfriston Road.
At the cemetery turn left into Cradle Hill Road.Then take the second turn on the right into the Industrial Estate. The site is at the far end of the road.
- April to end September: Monday to Sunday 9am to 6pm
- October to end March: Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm, Sunday 9am to 4pm
- Bank Holidays: Open to usual hours (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)
- Christmas Eve and New Years Eve: Close at 1pm
What you can recycle
- Aluminium foil
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Energy saving bulbs
- Glass bottles/Jars
- Green garden waste/Christmas trees
- Household batteries
- Metal items
- Newspapers/Magazines/Junk mail/White Telephone Directories
- Plastic bottles
- TVs/Computer monitors
- Yellow Pages
- Bonded asbestos
- Trade/Business waste
- Vehicle height limit of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barriers can be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted.
- No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be single axle and no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length, not including the tow bar.
- Pedestrian access via dedicated entrance. There is no parking outside or near the site for oversize vehicles. It is therefore not permitted to park oversize vehicles outside or near the site and bring waste into the site on foot.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags cannot be used.
- Only 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of soil or hardcore will be accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Only 4 sheets or 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of plasterboard will be accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- Soil conditioner, made from green garden waste collected at the household waste recycling sites and from the kerbside collection schemes, is available to buy at the site.
- East Sussex County Council