The site is on the industrial estate one third of a mile north east of Newhaven town train station, off New Road, BN9 0EH.
On the one way system from the swing bridge, travelling east on Drove Road (A259), take the second exit (signed London A26). Follow the road as it bends left. At the t-junction turn right onto New Road (A26). The site is the first unit on your right.
Travelling west approaching the town from Seaford, take the second exit at the Lidl roundabout, then take the third exit ('3 o'clock') at the mini roundabout onto New Road (A26). The site is the first unit on your right.
Newhaven Houshold Waste Recycling Site location map
- April to end September: Monday to Sunday 9am to 6pm
- October to end March: Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm, Sunday 9am to 4pm
- Bank Holidays: Open to usual hours (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)
- Christmas Eve and New Years Eve: Close at 1pm
What you can recycle
- Aluminium foil
- Car batteries
- CDs and cases
- Cooking oil
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Energy saving bulbs
- Glass bottles/Jars
- Green garden waste/Christmas trees
- Household batteries
- Metal items
- Newspapers/Magazines/Junk mail/White Telephone Directories
- Plastic bottles
- TVs/Computer monitors
- Yellow Pages
- Bonded asbestos
- Trade/Business waste
- Vehicle height limit of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barriers can be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted.
- Trailers must be single axle and no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length.
- No commercial vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Pedestrian access via dedicated entrance, but no parking for oversized vehicles.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags cannot be used.
- Only 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of soil or hardcore will be accepted per month, per household.
- Only 4 sheets of plasterboard will be accepted per month, per household.
- Only 2 tyres will be accepted per month, per household.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- East Sussex County Council