Hastings Household Waste Site location map
West of Hastings town, off the Bexhill Road (A259) between Glyne Gap/Ravenside Retail Park and St Leonards, TN38 8AY
From Hastings pier, take the A259 towards Bexhill. Go under the railway bridge and carry straight on into Bexhill Road (A259).
Turn right near Hastings Garden Centre into Freshfields. The site is on the left hand side of the road, before the waste transfer station entrance.
From Bexhill train station, take Upper Sea Road (B2182) and turn right into De La Warr Road. At the traffic lights at the end of the road, turn right onto the A259 (signposted Hastings). At the Glyne Gap roundabout (by Ravenside Retail Park) take the Hastings exit on the right into Bexhill Road (A259). Continue along Bexhill Road (A259) for half a mile.
Turn left near Hastings Garden Centre into Freshfields. The site is on the left hand side of the road, before the waste transfer station entrance.
- April to end September:
Monday to Sunday 9am to 6pm
- October to end March:
Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm, Sunday 9am to 4pm
- Bank Holidays: Open to usual hours (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
- Christmas Eve and New Years Eve: Close at 1pm
What you can recycle
- Aluminium foil
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Energy saving bulbs
- Glass bottles/Jars
- Green garden waste/Christmas trees
- Household batteries
- Metal items
- Newspapers/Magazines/Junk mail/White Telephone Directories
- Plastic bottles
- TVs/Computer monitors
- Yellow Pages
- Household waste
- Bonded asbestos
- Vehicle height limit of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barriers can be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted.
- No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be single axle and no more than 1.2 metres (4 feet) in length. The site can accept trailers 6 foot in length on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. These measurements do not include the tow bar.
- No pedestrian access.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags should not be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant the material if necessary.
- Only 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of soil or hardcore will be accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Only 4 sheets or 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of bonded asbestos and plasterboard will be accepted per calendar month, per household. Bonded asbestos must be double wrapped in two layers of plastic. In order to monitor and enforce this monthly limit the staff will record the record name, address and vehicle registration of all residents bringing asbestos to the site.
- Only 2 tyres will be accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- Soil conditioner, made from green garden waste collected at the household waste recycling sites and from the kerbside collection schemes, is available to buy at the site.
- East Sussex County Council