Eastbourne Household Waste Site location map
One and half miles east of Eastbourne town centre, off St Philip's Avenue, BN22 8NB
From Eastbourne town centre go east on Seaside (A259) towards Lottbridge Drove and Pevensey Bay.
After a mile and a half turn left into Churchdale Road. At the first mini-roundabout, turn left into St Philip's Avenue and the entrance to the site is just on the left hand side.
- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 4pm
- Friday: 9am to 3.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 12noon
- Bank Holidays: Closed
- Christmas Eve and New Years Eve: Close at 1pm
What you can recycle
- Aluminium foil
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Energy saving bulbs
- Glass bottles/Jars
- Green garden waste/Christmas trees
- Household batteries
- Metal items
- Newspapers/Magazines/Junk mail/White Telephone Directories
- Plastic bottles
- TVs/Computer monitors
- Yellow Pages
- Household waste
- Bonded asbestos
- No vehicle height restrictions. This site has a manned entrance and staff may refuse access to unsuitable vehicles.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted.
- Trailers must be single axle and no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length. 8ft trailers are accepted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- No commercial vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Pedestrian access via dedicated entrance, but no parking for oversized vehicles.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags cannot be used.
- Only 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of soil or hardcore will be accepted per month, per household.
- Only 4 sheets or 6 small bags (roughly 25kg each) of bonded asbestos and plasterboard will be accepted per month, per household. Bonded asbestos must be double wrapped in two layers of plastic.
- Only 2 tyres will be accepted per month, per household.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- East Sussex County Council